Booked your holiday yet? In the current economic climate, we all want great-value deals. But don’t be tempted to scrimp on travel insurance.
A 23-year-old Norwegian student was glad he took out a policy – after what happened during his student exchange visit to the USA.
First of all, Dag-Are Trydal was bitten by a rattlesnake when walking to his vehicle in a car park in San Diego. But if that wasn’t painful enough, a second shock followed!
His hospital invoice amounted to $143,000, according to reports. Fortunately he was covered, but apparently his insurer reckons it’s the biggest bill they’ve ever received.